Saturday, February 5, 2011

CELERY

Yup, celery.  I figured it would be easier to list the foods I dislike rather than all the ones I do.  And the list is very short.  Celery.  Don’t like it.  Even doused in cheese or peanut butter.  So that it’s, everybody!  Shortest blog ever.  *HOWL*

My original thoughts were to name this Food Glorious Food.  And oh, is it ever.  But when I tried listing all my fav’s, I got so hungry and distracted (and you know my propensity for digression) that it just went awry.  I’ve started and stopped this blog for months…. mainly to go get a snack, and then I just can’t get it done.  Y’know I’m on a diet and all. 

So the original title and theme is below.  It is the last stanza from one of my favorite songs (‘cuz as you know my favorite songs are the ones mom sings to me):

Food, glorious food!
What wouldn't we give for
That extra bit more --
That's all that we live for
Why should we be fated to
Do nothing but brood
On food,
Magical food,
Wonderful food,
Marvelous food,
Fabulous food,
Beautiful food…..Glor-i-ous… FOOD.

You can just hear it can’t ya?  Music to my ears and tummy.

This sums up my life pretty good.  Well, not actually, but a good part of it. 

So, I figured it was time my mom indulged me and let me talk about food.  Well, she could indulge me more and let me have some, but I’ve long given up hope of anything fun.  Somehow some way she has decided that she can’t control what SHE eats so she has to control my intake.  *WHINE* It’s just not fair is it???  Ah geez, here I go again digressing!

I am not quite sure why I’m this way.  I mean I have siblings that can, with pure ease, turn their noses up and walk away from the bowl.  At first I was dismayed, SHOCKED, but now I encourage it, because it means I get more!  Can you imagine though?  Walking away from food?!   I’ve always, ever since I came to live with Mom and Dad, loved eating.  And eating just about ANYTHING.  It didn't have to be real food either.  Have you heard the story about when I ate the baby kitty’s toy mouse?  How was I supposed to know that the thing she threw right on the floor almost directly in front of me was simply a cardboard shaped mouse covered in faux fur and a leather tail?  I thought it was food and I gulped it right down—in front of the kitty (who of course started to cry) and Mom and Dad who cried for a different reason (I am not sure I like being laughed at). 

Over the past several months you’ve come to learn some of things I consider delicacies.  Blueberries.  Raspberries.  Green Beans.  Grapes (don’t go telling my doctor that), paint, carpet tack strips…..I’m not too discriminate when it comes to food.  Again, it doesn't have to even be real food, although I keep trying to eat anything in hopes it turns out to be real.  What kind of foods have I attempted to eat? Well, hmmm, the list is long.  Drywall.  Drywall dust.  Drywall mud.  Wood trim.  Wood putty.  Grass.  Fuzz.  Rubber toys.  (*sigh* usually mom brags that she can tell at the end of winter where I have gone potty.  That’s just wrong, y’know?) And the list goes on.  Mom says she’s really thankful I don’t eat, um, shall we say, previously eaten food that might find itself outside.  ‘Course I can’t imagine doing that.  I mean, why not eat it the FIRST time!  What’s the point if someone ate it first and digested it!  *HOWL*

And so we’re back to celery.  Human food?  The best.  Except celery.  Like I said, I don’t like it.  Not sure why, but I don’t.  Onions and garlic, no problem (yup, we know they’re bad for ya!).  Vegetables?  Bring ‘em on.  We have friends that won’t eat “B” fruit—bananas, blueberries, etc.  Oh my Dawg.  Those are the best.  Watermelon, apples, cereal, you name it.  Rice is for tummy aches?  Darn.  Warm oatmeal?  Discovered that just the other day.  YUM.  Heck even medicine is pretty good…’specially those things she calls ‘chewbles’.  Who chews? 

So there.  Probably a little anticlimactic for some, but something I had to get off my chest (to make room for more food!).  I hope I brought a smile to your face today.  And I’ll betcha you know a dog that shares my passion for eating. 

Gotta go…Time for a snack.  Thanks for reading everybody.  Hope you were Bearmused today!

No comments:

Post a Comment